What Is Microneedling
Microneedling is a minimally invasive procedure that improves the overall appearance and condition of your skin. As we age, our body’s production of both collagen and elastin decreases. This creates the formation of unwanted wrinkles and fine lines. The procedure itself is completed via a derma roller that has small needles that prick the skin. The goal of the treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue that will result in smoother, firmer, and more toned skin.
The Process is Done in Three Phases:
Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect wounds, increase blood flow, and begin to create new tissue.
Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells and a new network of blood vessels develops.
Remodeling. The would is replaced with new dermal tissue and blood vessels.
Through our use of skin pen, tiny micro-injuries to the dermis are created in the desired treatment area. These tiny micro-injuries to the dermis stimulate your body’s natural production of both collagen and elastin. Aiding in maintaining our skin’s youthful appearance and reducing the signs of aging.
Does Microneedling work?
The quick answer is YES!
- Improvement in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and improvement in overall texture
- Treatment of acne scars and scars from prior injuries
- Reduction in pore size, and improvement of skin texture
- Contributes to the ongoing maintenance of healthy skin
- Minimal recovery time and short in-office treatment durations
- Works for all skin types
- It is a safe and effective option to treat the face, neck and body
- SkinPen is relatively painless and dramatic results can be seen within just 3-4 sessions
- Treatments take 30 minutes and most patients can return to work the next day
- At North Atlanta Dermatology, we use the skin pen, which is the first microneeedling device cleared by the FDA
- In a clinical trial completed by skin pen, 90% of subjects would recommend the procedure to family and friends
- Microneedling can be combined with our other restorative skin care procedures. This makes it a great option to aid in our ability to help you achieve your overall skin appearance goals
Microneedling with SkinPen® can help to improve your skins appearance, making it the market standard.
Before and After Results